Bechtel Corporation (Bechtel Group) is the largest construction and civil engineering company in the United States, ranking as the 4th-largest privately owned company in the United States. This company is among the most respected engineering, construction, and project management companies in the world, and a cornerstone of innovation in the industry. Together with its customers, Bechtel delivers landmark projects –the modern marvels of the world- that foster sustainable progress and grow economies. Bechtel has the resources and reach to provide its customers confidence in delivery.
Since 1898, the company has completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects –many first-of-a-kind- in 160 countries on all seven continents serving the energy delivery, defense, environmental cleanup, mining & metals, oil, gas & chemicals, infrastructure and transportation, and telecommunications industries. Bechtel is a family company grounded in hard work, integrity and trust, values integral to all they do.
Expertise of the Company
Infrastructure: Airports, bridges, highways, hydroelectric power, ports, rail, sports venues, urban development with:
- Defense and security: chemical weapons disassembly and destruction, critical infrastructure, facilities operations and management, supply chain management, U.S. naval programs.
- Environmental Cleanup and Management: cleanup and remediation, decontamination and decommissioning, waste processing and disposal.
- Mining and Metals
- Oil, Gas and Chemicals: liquefied natural gas, offshore oil and gas, onshore oil and gas, petrochemicals, pipelines.
- Power: nuclear, renewables, thermal, transmission
With every project the company undertakes, no matter the scale, it places a core focus on protecting people and the environment, promoting local economic development, and partnering with communities and society.
Committed to Delivering Sustainable Solutions
The company regards sustainability as its responsibility to enhance the positive effects of its projects and to avoid or mitigate the negative ones. The company believes that it is not just delivering a physical asset to its customers and communities, but also enabling an environment that will benefit them in the long term.
Sustainability is a core Bechtel value, and the company is committed to delivering sustainable outcomes on every project, everywhere the company operates. This enduring value has enabled the company to contribute to a century of global development.
The company believes that every incident is preventable; that is why Bechtel continues to be an industry leader in safety. The company is relentless in its approach to prevent each and every accident, as it believes that every incident, thus, every occupational injury, is preventable.
· On the job: every one of its colleagues, as well as its partners and subcontractors, has stop-work authority. If it’s not safe, the company does not operate. It reinforces this philosophy through a combination of technical field procedures, ongoing training, and a Life Critical Requirements Program that highlights activities that could be life-threatening when not executed according to published procedures.
· Public safety: public safety is a critical part of the environmental, safety, and health programs of Bechtel, and it works with all appropriate stakeholders to improve industry and national standards. On many projects, the company prepares and implements traffic safety management plans specific to the work site and to the local roads over which equipment and materials flow to support construction. The result is exceptional safety performance, even in hazardous work environments, severe weather, and remote locations.