Everyone knows that order and hygiene of spaces for work and the correct use of machinery and tools have to be the first things to consider when talking about industry safe in the construction sector. However, there are other important aspects to consider in order to maintain the standards of industrial safety; those aspects are methods that work to achieve and maintain lives of workers.
It is important to distinguish that every work and activity in the construction sector has its risks, however, for Construcciones Yamaro all these risks can be handled and avoided in a right way in order to abstain from any health risk. Different aspects about this topic and activities in the construction sector may lead to the most common primary risks, to which workers are exposed, and even supervisors may be victims of those risks if the necessary measures are not taken. For Construcciones Yamaro, this is a priority and that is why, before starting work, the company insists that workers consider these three main aspects:Thinking about how the activity can be performed comfortably and safely.
- Being alert to the conditions and, if these are unsafe, it is better to notify before the activity.
- Paying close attention to the work being performed. In this regard, it should follow the instructions fully, not improvise and avoid jokes at the time of carrying out the activities.
After considering these important tips and advices, Construcciones Yamaro enforces the ten most important industrial standards for security at work:
- Safety and fire protection: in places, processes and operations that involve a fire.
- Protection systems and safety devices in machinery, equipment and accessories in places where mechanical energy is transmitted.
- Safety conditions for storage, transport and handling of flammable and combustible substances: in those places where such substances are handled.
- Health and safety for storage, transportation and handling of corrosive, irritant and toxic substances in areas where such substances are handled.
- Safety hygiene in workplaces where chemicals are produced, stored or handled. Those chemicals are capable of generating pollution in the work environment: these substances are defined according to their properties, concentration levels, lead time and length of exposure to pollute the work environment and affect workers’ health.
- Safe and healthy workplaces where sources of ionizing radiation are produced, used, handled, stored or transported generating: making sure that the employee does not exceed the limit of exposure to this type of radiation.
- Personal protection for workers in the workplace: use personal protective equipment in each of the areas and keep it in good condition is essential to preserve the lives and welfare of workers.
- Safety conditions where static electricity involves a risk: in places that use materials, substances and equipment capable of storing static electrical charges.
- Warning signs and safety and hygiene: it is better to correct or give warnings of dangerous or unsafe conditions in order to prevent many future accidents.
- Drugs, curing materials and first aid personnel: any physical damage requires proper care. Once rendered first aid, it is recommended that the worker attends medical service.