Construcciones Yamaro describes the environmental impact in the construction of roads and explains how to work in order to decrease the impact. All this effort is thought in order to promote responsibility for the care of the Venezuelan environment in the construction sector. While the construction of transport infrastructure works or land routes represent great economic benefits, many direct and indirect impacts can be generated to the environment.
Consequences of the cleaning, leveling and floor construction are part of the activities corresponding to the phase of the construction itself. Some of them are:
- Loss of topsoil.
- Exclusion of other land uses.
- Modification of natural drainage patterns.
- Changes in groundwater elevation.
- Landslides, erosion and sedimentation.
- Degradation of landscapes.
- Destruction of cultural spaces.
- Interference in mobilizing wildlife and local residents.
- Air and soil pollution.
Some other aspects can also be affected. Here are some consequences generated by a construction work. Usually, they are sociocultural consequences:
- Visual degradation by installing signboards.
- Unplanned housing.
- Loss of agricultural land.
- Construction of new alternate paths.
- Interference transport routes and methods of regular transport.
- Migration of labor force.
- Displacement of subsistence economies.
- Human invasion wildlands.
How to reduce the impacts that will be generated after a construction work?
Not everything at Construcciones Yamaro is about designing and building Venezuelan infrastructure, the company is also aware about the environmental impact of the land, so, for this reason, here we present a list of some recommendations the company provides:
- Performing environmental impact study thoroughly and responsibly.
- Avoiding making decisions that consider only the financial criteria. As noted above, social and environmental damage generated with the construction is the responsibility of construction companies.
- Developing and implementing the environmental management plan thoroughly and responsibly. It is these actions that are aimed at the prevention and correction to compensate any damage caused by the execution of the project at any of its phases.
- Establishing control equipment and environmental monitoring.
- Considering all environmental protection laws.