Asphalt layers are those placed on roads,
streets, sidewalks or inside construction projects to ease movement in those
Commonly used materials for this are:
In Venezuela, Yamaro Construction
Company specializes in this area. As part of its efforts, it has developed
techniques and methods to ensure the safety of its employees, the company’s
types of risks that dedicated construction laborers face regularly, reason why the staff in charge of laying
down the asphalt layers do so by adhering to rules created to reduce the
possibilities of workplace accidents.
The risks directly associated with this work are:
- Falls: Can occur on different levels or at the edges
of terraces, parking lots, etc.
- Cargo falls: Employees use crane-type equipment to move
- Cuts made by the tool used to cut asphalt layers.
- Burns produced by incandescent material.
- Exposure to extreme temperatures.
- Inhalation of asphalt fumes during warming routines.
- Accumulation of flammable material in non-optimized areas.
In order to avoid the aforementioned scenarios, workers must:
- Work outdoors, making sure not to work against wind
- Not work during high-heat (summer) seasons, since this boosts toxic fumes.
- Workers must undergo , and be informed on the risks, prevention measures and
actions to take in case of accidents.
- Use to protect against burns and inhalation of asphalt, tar, pitch and
workers and, above all, obeys the rules to help the country in its development.