As we all know, construction works always undergo substantial changes with the emergence of new materials, machinery and construction elements. Construcciones Yamaro, always ensuring the safety of its workers, reduces the hygienic, chemical, physical and biological hazards by measuring and applying industrial hygiene statutes.
According to the company, the areas that have to be well treated regarding industrial hygiene
- Mean of dissemination: to verify the correct operation, order and cleanliness of workplaces.
- The worker: to inform clearly and responsibly about risks and control measures, correct work practices, the proper use of personal protective equipment, which is the most effective method of risks prevention.
- Pollutants emission: to identify, evaluate and implement measures that serve to prevent risks. Here, the risks in each of the jobs, tasks performed, exposure time, and primary and basic risk control measures are considered in each of these areas. Once this inspection process is culminated, professional controls are needed in order to serve to test the effectiveness of hygiene measures taken.
- When talking about protection of health of human capital, the aspects studied cannot just be about reporting risks of carrying out the work, but to communicate the importance of personal hygiene. All this means: cleaning and taking care of the body, during and after finishing the workday.
- The works related to construction, whatever the area and the type may bring various risks, including those about physical aspects. These risks factor can be noise, heat, cold, vibration, pressure and radiation.
- In this same regard, maintaining order and cleanliness in the workplace and the materials used make the performance of workers more comfortable, safe and efficient. It is essential to remove deposits of debris, garbage, water and any other type of waste pollution representing short and long term.
- To provide places for hygiene during working hours and keep them clean. Bathrooms are places for ordinary use. This is why they are prone to the accumulation and spread of bacteria that can infect other workers.
- Areas designated for resting should stay away from the toilets and waste places.
- To have a first aid kit to maintain the order in case of accident.
In works that are performed in enclosed spaces such as earthworks, underground works and demolition, proper ventilation is essential to prevent respiratory diseases caused by contamination of air and chemicals management. It is also vital equipment use integrated security to prevent body exposure to infectious microorganisms. Do not forget that the risks of underground work are always more serious than the work surface because it is a confined space.
Construcciones Yamaro also suggests considering the impact of construction on the surrounding communities: workers, as well as these communities will be exposed to the consequences of all construction activities even if these have already been completed. Any activity that represents any type of damage in the short, medium and long term, should be reconsidered.
It is important to distinguish that every work and activity in the construction sector has its risks, however, for Construcciones Yamaro all these risks can be handle and avoided in a right way in order to abstain from any health risk.