Its origins date back to 1947 and with history comes experience. Clancy Construction uses these 60+ years of experience to deliver a service that truly reflects the particular needs of its clients.
Listening is a key part of the strategy of Clancy to ensure that they fully understand the objectives of the project and the concerns around particular aspects of its clients. Once the company fully understand the project, they resource it with the most experienced Project Manager and team to ensure that it is executed with the minimum of fuss and in accordance with agreed timelines and budget.
In Clancy they are flexible, which means that they have extensive experience in commercial, public sector and residential developments. They take projects all the way through, from inception to build and beyond with their wholly owned Facility Management Company.
Clancy Construction recognizes that construction operations may have a damaging impact upon the environment and, therefore, ensure that all construction activities are carried out in such a manner as to ensure a high standard of environmental protection and awareness.
Clancy Construction is committed to the protection and enhancement of the environment. It takes a close and responsible interest in, and considers and respects the physical, economic and social environments on all projects in which it is involved.
The company aims to contribute towards environmental improvement and sustainable development by using best practice and innovation to minimize environmental impacts. Environmental impacts are assessed at every stage of the business process in consultation with organizations working on behalf of Clancy Construction including designers, contractors, etc. to develop agreed solutions that are sympathetic to the environment and community. Clancy Construction plays an active role in supporting and encouraging contractors in reducing their environmental impacts.
An environmental action plan seeking continual improvement is produced on an annual basis setting out specific objectives, targets and implementation steps, with the progress routinely monitored, reviewed and reported to the board of management.
The policy relies on these environmental principles:
- Managers will demonstrate the leadership and commitment necessary to foster a culture of environmental responsibility.
- Minimize and where possible, eliminate impacts on the surrounding social and natural environment.
- All staff will be provided with the knowledge, awareness and resources required to meet their environmental responsibilities.
- Operations, decisions, plans and actions will be conducted in accordance with this policy.
- All employees, contractors and operators have a responsibility to protect the environment and to prevent pollution.
- Implementation of the Environmental Management System and manage environmental factors including:
o Pollution minimization
o Resource and waste management
o Ecologically sustainable development
o Water quality management environmental risks are to be identified, assessed and controlled to minimize and mitigate the environmental impacts of their operations
- This policy covers both the construction works as well as general office procedures.
Some of their objectives are to:
o Comply with, and endeavor to exceed, the requirements of all relevant environmental legislation, codes and guidelines.
o Continually strive for improvement in the environmental performance of its contractors.
o Take proactive measures to protect and preserve wildlife & flora and their natural habitats.
o Prevent pollution and protect both the natural and built environment.