It is important to distinguish that every work and activity in the construction sector has its risks, however, for Construcciones Yamaro all these risks can be handled and avoided in a right way in order to abstain from any health risk.
Construcciones Yamaro carries out different activities in the construction sector in Venezuela. Because of its great experience in the field, the company has adapted industrial safety measures to protect and ensure the welfare of its workers in each one of the rooms, spaces and areas of any construction work.
In compliance with the Organic Law on Prevention, Conditions and Working Environment (Lopcymat in Spanish), Construcciones Yamaro is committed with the security of each of its workers, always considering construction activities, installation, maintenance or repair work carried out in heights, with risks on free fall and serious injury. The company evaluates the following aspects:
o Dangerous conditions
o Making unsafe maneuvers
Today, Constucciones Yamaro provides information about safety helmets, which are vital for construction companies. Some of information is:
This is one of the most common accidents that seek to avoid the use of industrial safety helmet. High density polycarbonate, synthetic fiber and high density polyethylene are some of the materials used for its implementation, noting that serve primarily to prevent mechanical shock, electrical hazards and even to protect the user from high temperatures in this part of the body.
The frame and the headgear are the main elements of the helmet. The first subdivided into cap (which gives the outer shape), visor (prolongation of the cap) and wing (edge surrounding the cap). The harnesses’ function is to maintain the fixed tool in the head and be able to absorb the kinetic energy on impact that can cause damage to the worker. This is composed of band contour of the head, neck and chin strap band, which serves to fit under the chin.
Some recommendations that Construcciones Yamaro can give to the rest of the construction companies about the optimal choice of the helmet are:
- Do not weigh more than 400 grams, the idea is to make it as light as possible.
- The frame must have holes for ventilation and should be light in color so that thermal comfort as pleasant as possible.
- The harness should be flexible and permeable to liquids. You should not irritate the user in the area.
Construcciones Yamaro can be sure that much can be achieved in the prevention of accidents if strict safety regulations for work on heights are considered. Some aspects to be considered are:
- Report any defects, damage, misuse or lack of equipment or protective devices.
- If a safety device is removed, it must be replaced by an alternative one that does not decrease the level of security.
- Evaluate work surfaces that are not defective, slippery, unstable, disorderly, unmarked or deprived of secure access.
- Openly and responsibly report the accompanying dangers that the worker will be exposed to: power, sharp edges, moving equipment, confined spaces or handling of hazardous substances.